Picnic in the Plaza is Coming to New Haven!
In addition to our Hartford events this summer, weHartford is proud to announce that we will be extending our popular event series into New Haven at Picnic in the Plaza. Get ready to enjoy one-of-a-kind picnic baskets curated by New Haven’s favorite local restaurants while you lounge with friends or family on your own special picnic set up in Temple Plaza!
Each Friday night during the series, Picnic in the Plaza will partner with a different New Haven restaurant to curate their own take on a picnic basket meal. Meals will be accompanied by two craft cocktails from Ordinary. Each basket will cost $45, and will be available for pickup at 5:00 on the designated date. Attendees can bring their own picnic blankets or utilize the chairs and tables already set up in the plaza and will enjoy FREE curated entertainment!
We’re excited to bring this experience to you in collaboration with the Town Green District and Ordinary! The purchase of each ticket not only supports the NHV restaurant community and guarantees a good time, but provides support to the Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK), an organization that offers meals and support to those experiencing food insecurity in the New Haven area.
Here’s what you need to know about this limited experience happening this summer:
- Each date, Picnic in the Plaza will partner with a local New Haven restaurant to curate their very own take on their perfect picnic basket.
- Picnic baskets will be available for pickup between 5:00pm–5:30pm at Temple Plaza where you can enjoy a socially distanced night of outdoor entertainment.
- Ordinary will be doing a cocktail presentation at 6:00pm at each event.
- Baskets are $45 per person.
- Non-alcoholic specialty mocktails are available as well.
- Make sure to bring your own blankets, pillows, or chairs, and anything else to make your most picture-worthy picnic set up ever!
May 28 | Te Amo Tequila
Live music: Ricardo Reyes
June 25 | Elm City Social
Live music: Sonia Morant
July 30 | Prime 16
Live music: Tim Palmieri
August 27 | Olives and Oil
Live music: The Hawkins Jazz Collective
September 24 | Zinc
- Each picnic basket feeds one person (and we guarantee it’ll fill you up!)
- People gathering in the park to enjoy their meals must follow state-issued guidelines of wearing a mask when close to others, and please be respectful of everyone’s space in the plaza.
- Meals will be individually packaged.
- Please wear your mask when you leave your picnic area.
- In case of poor weather, the event will be moved to the following evening, Saturday. Notification will be sent to ticketholders on Wednesday evening the week of the scheduled event. Each picnic box is made special for each ticket holder, so refunds cannot be issued. If both Friday & Saturday are rained out, picnic boxes will be made available for pickup to enjoy at home.