Hartford’s Best Dive Bars
From the best spot to watch the game, listen to live music or eat a plate full of gastro-pub food, Hartford is filled with dive bars for every occasion and alcoholic craving.
Pig’s Eye Pub
Best Happy Hour deals.
Pig’s Eye Pub is filled with a laid-back crew pretty much every night of the week. You might even find yourself getting a little reminiscent of your college days here.
- Giant Jenga
- Pool tables and dart boards
- Roomy rooftop area with seating and great views of the city
- Wednesday’s Big Ass Beer Night ($1 refills of Bud Light Long Trail, Sam Adams Seasonal and Big Pig Lager) just bring in your Pig’s Eye Logo Glass … $1
- FREE FOOD on Fridays from 5-7PM
Best for watching the game or trying a new craft beer.
Located on the corner of Prospect and West Boulevard, the Spigot Cafe prides itself as the neighborhood sports bar.
- Relaxed, quiet atmosphere
- Dart board area
- Working jukebox
- Inside picnic tables good for groups
- Thursday $15 craft beer pitchers
- Fridges filled with just about every bottled craft beer you can imagine (150 different kinds to be exact)
The only drawback is that this bar is cash only, so make sure you hit the ATM… BEFORE you walk in.
Night Owl Pub
Best hole in the wall.
If you’ve ever been to Sarah’s Coffee House, then you might have noticed those beer taps hanging out in the back – that’s the Night Owl Pub. Don’t let the size of this place deter you from trying it, it’s one of our fav dive bars to grab a drink and catch up with a friend.
- Live music every week from local artists
- Cool bartenders and casual vibes
- Taco Tuesdays – two hard shell tacos and a marg for $9
Best for grabbing a bite to eat with your drink.
The Half Door offers more than just a spot to drink (like DELICIOUS food). It’s a great place for any occasion, no matter who you plan on coming with.
- Irish Happy Hour – $2 Guinness, Harp & Smithwick’s pints on Wednesdays
- Tuesday Trivia
- Inexpensive late night eats (special menu from 9:30-11PM)
- Their Brunch Menu – filled with choices like Stuffed French Toast, Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese, and Apple Pie Mimosas
Best for sitting outdoors and listening to live music.
Sully’s Pub is an easygoing pub with outdoor seating, friendly bartenders and a lineup of entertainment, every night of the week.
- Outdoor Tiki Bar
- Some of the funkiest live music in the area
- Decently funny comedy shows
- Delicious pizza pies from Lena’s next door
- Easy parking behind the bar