Picnic in the Park, New October Events!
If you were under a rock and did not hear about the Picnic in the Park series we ran in September, you can read about it here! 🙂
Thanks to everyone who made it out in September to any of our events – working together we were able to generate over $12,000 in sales for local Hartford restaurant partners and raise thousands of dollars for the Bushnell Park Foundation! PLUS we provided a unique and safe outdoor experience for hundreds of attendees. Now, with the help of new sponsors we are creating another limited series of Picnic in the Park for October, where we hope to spread even more love!
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving stepped up with a wonderful donation that allowed us to work with three incredible minority-owned businesses that will create our new picnic baskets; here are the deets:
- Mofongo, October 10th, 1:00-4:00pm : Join us as we wrap up Hispanic Heritage Month with Latin themed food, music, and more! If you haven’t tried Mofongo, you are missing out! Mofongo, quickly becoming a local Hartford favorite, offers Puerto Rican/American fusion flavors that will blow your mind. TICKET SALES CLOSED
- Banh Meee, October 17th, 1:00-4:00pm : Banh Meee will offer a super delicious Vietnamese picnic while you enjoy music and the fall foliage in the park. Bonus, you get to support a restaurant who is known for their great contributions to our community (recently given an award by the city of Hartford for contributions to assist and support food security in the community) – nice job guys! BUY BASKET HERE
- Stellas African Eatery, October 24th, 1:00pm-4:00pm: If you come to this picnic make sure you and your taste buds are ready to dance. Chef Stella has created a unique and everchanging menu that fuses West African, Afro-Caribbean, and American soul food. And you know we will have some beats to match the soulful taste. BUY BASKET HERE
At each event attendees will again enjoy some amazing music by local Hartford artists, safe social distancing with our social circles for each group – AND this time around we have invited some special Hartford-themed groups and artisans to the park to share their talents and goods with our attendees. More details to be announced on this in the coming days!
Special thanks to our partners The Bushnell Park Foundation, The Hartford Chamber of Commerce, and the Hartford Yard Goats. And HUGE thank you to our sponsors; The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, The Bushnell Center for Performing Arts, Spectra Plaza, Spectra Pearl, Spectra Park, The Gottfried Family, Pan De Oro Chips, The Hartford Rib Off, and Robert & Margaret Patricelli Family Foundation!
Things to remember to make sure you have the best possible experience:
- This event is still BYOB so make sure to bring your favorite adult bevies and water to stay hydrated! We will be sharing some great ideas on special local Hartford offerings you can pick up on the way – stay tuned!
- Make sure to bring your own picnic blanket, chairs, and whatever else you want to have the perfect Instagram worry picnic setup!
- This event is family and dog friendly, just please make sure all the kiddos and pooches stay in your circle and respect social distancing.
- You must wear your mask when not in your circle – no if, and, or but about it.
If you missed our first three events you can see some pictures below: