New Craft Beer and Specialty Pizza Joint Opens in West Hartford
Watch out West Hartford Center… Johnny Vaughan is coming at you with the new Pies ‘n Pints, a craft beer and specialty pizza joint (with bonus patio for this summer).
The beloved Irish Pub, Vaughans, on Pratt Street in downtown Hartford (literally directly below our office – seriously we drink a lot of Guinness) has become a beloved staple in downtown Hartford over the years as the go-to before games, after work car bombs or obviously on St. Patty’s Day. We could gush all day about how much we love it, but we need to talk about Vaughan’s newest sister restaurant Pies ‘n Pints.
Reasons we are LOVING the new location?
- Being huge craft beer drinkers, we are always on the lookout for cozy joints that serve the good stuff. Pies ‘n Pints will have a selection of on-tap local craft beers, from breweries like Thomas Hooker, Back East, Broadbrook, Two Roads and our favorite – Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine.
- Pies ‘n Pints is not like the other stuffy We-Ha restaurants – instead they plan on keeping prices low and concentrate on pleasing the neighborhood regulars. (We definitely plan on being some of those regulars.)
- A good sized outdoor patio is going to be a huge bonus for the upcoming summer weather. There are just not enough outdoor seating locations around – never will be in our opinion.
- Obviously beer and pizza go together like… well, beer and pizza! And we cannot wait to try some of the new restaurants pies like the “short ribs and beer cheese” or “pork belly & smoked blue” pizza.
5. A good owner makes the place. Johnny Vaughan is always cracking (dirty but hilarious) jokes, shaking hands with the gents, and kissin’ babies. He gets to know his regulars, and his contagious lust for life is catching. We love to support owners who actually care to get to know their patrons (you owe us a beer Johnny! Wink, wink)
Location: 968 Farmington Ave. West Hartford, CT 06107
Hours: Tues. – Thurs. 11 am – 9 pm, Fri. – Sat. 11 am – 10 pm, Sunday 11 am – 9 pm